Leadership Skills : How Do We Acquire Them?
Are we taught leadership skills, or are we expected to acquire them from thin air?
- The ability to deal with the many things competing with our time.
- The ability to talk in a reassuring way when someone is struggling.
- The ability to stay calm and respond with self awareness when someone does something that conflicts with our values or expectations.
- The ability to deal with the passive-aggressive, aggressive, unwilling, reluctant, intrusive, lack of action, overly enthusiastic, naysayers, and everything in-between, behaviours from someone who we lead or manage, a peer, clients, or our own bosses.
- The ability to manage projects, communicate effectively, read between the lines, motivate teams and individuals.
- The ability to coach, teach, mentor and handle difficult situations with ease.
- The ability to become all knowing and give effective feedback on promotion.