Is this you? What might it look like?
1. A person known for being grumpy, authoritarian, or difficult. With previous comments, or even complaints. Often getting away with it as ‘ you know what they’re like’.
2. Being friendly, yet then snapping, putting someone down, or losing their temper.
Is this how we want to show up?
There will be various reasons why these behaviours appear.
They are learned, habitual, or even believed to bring respect.
What happens to those around you?
1. They feel unsettled, unsafe, they hold back sharing, talking, or raising any concerns. They monitor their words or actions around you.
2. People follow your moods, limit their interactions with you, or only do so in certain settings, or for short bursts of time.
3. In extreme cases people won’t want to work with you, & will have left jobs because of those behaviours.
Can it change?
These are behaviours, they are not you.
3 initial steps that can help, is to consider:
1. Where did you learn these behaviours, who did you see using them, & why?
2. How do these behaviours serve you? Protect you? Shield you? Keep you safe?
3. If you were to choose different behaviours, what would you do? What do you need to feel, to be willing to make that change? What support might you need to get there?
What is our legacy?
About Simona Hamblet
Simona works with partners, law firm owners, solicitors, who want to fall back in love with growing their firms again. Helping them take back control of their time, deal with team difficulties, complete business projects that keep being interrupted or being put off, feel energised about the decisions they are now making, & tackle other situations, that can get in the way of feeling excited about work & the future of growing their firms. In addition to high-end professional coaching & training. Simona has over 20 years of experience as an employment solicitor & partner in a multi-office law firm (focusing on staff development & business growth).