The Joy (Or Reality) Of Becoming A Coach
Taken from a tongue-in-cheek social media post I recently shared, that was met with some amusement..
A letter to all the coaches out there… The things we say and do.
Do any of these thoughts resonate, perhaps, maybe, possibly?? Hmmm?
- Oh my goodness they have been doing it for years, decades even! They must absolutely, without a shadow of doubt, be much better than me. What am I thinking?
- Oh what?! I didn’t know about that. Should I be adding that ‘tool’ to my coaching box? Why don’t I know about it? Ahhh more tools!
- Heck, my life isn’t successful and/or I am in a complete mess/not succeeding in.. /[insert your own]. How do I even dare to coach others?
- There are too many coaches in the world to compete with. It’s too hard! (errr so exactly how many people are there in existence vs number of coaches).
- Wow, they must be making soooo much more money than me, and have clients flooding in.
- I have no idea how to sell coaching.
- What is coaching again?
- Hmmm, maybe this 100th book or webinar, with the secret five steps, will be the one that helps me grow my coaching business to big success.
- Oh my. What do I know. I mean what on earth could I possibly be an expert in, or know about, (apart from my whole personal and business life), that makes me worth talking to. Or worse still that actually makes it okay for me to talk to, or start approaching, businesses?
- Oooo it feels icky to ask for that much money. Can’t I just do it all for free? Then I don’t have to worry about sorting out my discomfort, and money mindset, around charging. I can have my lifestyle, on thin air, honest.
- Ahhhhh what is happening? What! What? I am no good, I can’t even get this session on track. Think of a question, think of a question, THINK OF A QUESTION. (including when our coaching style is the opposite ha)
- Okay no more books – darn you Amazon, just one more then.
Have I missed any? Don’t we just love some of our ‘self’ challenging journeys that come with being a coach.