Have you wanted to achieve a goal, to stop putting up with something in your life, or to stop worrying about another year passing and looking back with regrets?
If so, here are five ways coaching changes lives:
1. You will have already felt the benefit of talking to someone about a situation you had been thinking of for a while. The simple act of saying it out loud can help clear you head and generate new ideas. Now imagine that with someone who is highly skilled in asking the right questions, challenging you, and has no agenda other than for you to be hugely successful in achieving your goal, changing a habit, or finding purpose.
2. Goals are great. Sadly they often fail to be achieved, for many reasons. Has this happened to you? It can leave you frustrated, with an endless cycle of starting again, giving up, and starting again. Coaches are specifically trained to help you break that cycle and create a permanent change.
3. Ever felt irritated when someone else put their experience onto your situation, or tried telling you what to do, when that wasn’t what you were looking for, or pushed solutions onto you? With the best of intentions, friends, family, or colleagues, will often struggle to guide you, or allow you to fully explore your situation. Coaching delves deeper into what is happening, creates new awareness, clarity, and comes up with solutions and actions that will work, specifically for you.
4. Likewise, coaches won’t tell you what to do. There is no point. Once you are crystal clear about what you want, don’t want, and why, you, in full knowledge and understanding, will be able to decide what is the best way to get you to where you want to go. Coaches guide, challenge, encourage, and push you, with bespoke guidance and support. They keep you motivated to achieve your vision.
5. Coaching sessions are just for you. A pure investment in yourself, a complete focus on whatever is truly important to you. Every session will be valuable.
Coaching is most effective for people who are motivated to change something in their professional or personal life, and want to do it quicker and easier. Is that you?